Job Title: Metallurgist
To provide the leadership and assume responsibility for all technical operations at Eutectix facilities. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that existing product lines are carefully managed from raw material purchase through casting of finished alloy. This individual will also be instrumental in assisting the Director of Development in new product/process development.
- Ensure all technical operations are undertaken in strict accordance with documented site practices as required by Eutectix Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality systems.
- Procure and manage all raw materials and melting consumables cost effectively to enable scheduled on-time production and delivery as required by the customer.
- Devise, calculate and confirm all alloy charge weights to ensure product specification is met and maximum yield is achieved with minimal overproduction.
- Coordinate and compile all analytical data as required by the process and the customer to provide verifiable accuracy, documentation, and process capability measurement to meet the technical delivery requirements of the purchase order.
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement projects throughout the melting operations of the Eutectix sites by working with the Director of Development and consultation with all personnel to encourage their input.
- Ensure competent and accurate inventory management of all raw materials, WIP, and finished goods in conjunction with the relevant Site Manger.
- Lead and undertake failure analysis processes for all non-conforming product and implement corrective actions to address any deficiencies.
- Provide detailed cost analysis in collaboration with the Director of Operations for all aspects of the production processes, i.e., raw materials, consumables, labor standards, etc.
- Travel will be required to both the Eutectix sites and specific customer locations as support to the operations of the business
- 5-10 Years of hands-on melting experience, preferably in Vacuum Induction Melting.
- 3-5 Years in a manufacturing environment, preferably foundry type atmosphere.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic understanding of Local, State, Federal regulations.
- Familiar with Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science preferred.
- Graduate degree in Materials Science or Engineering a plus.
- Foundry experience would be a critical advantage.
About Eutectix: With operations in Troy, MI and Tolleson, AZ, Eutectix LLC uses primarily Vacuum Induction Melting (VIM) and inert atmosphere grinding technologies to manufacture high purity specialty metal alloys and alloy powders for a widening range of applications including rare earth and Co-Al-Ti alloys and powders for permanent magnets, hydrogen storage alloys and powders, superalloy rods and master alloys as ingredients for manufacturing superalloys for aerospace, custom engineered nickel calcium alloys, and bulk metallic glasses (BMG’s) including Beryllium-based BMG alloys. Eutectix has unique capabilities to produce these metals and alloys – critical materials which are essential to the military and widely used in electronics, solar, wind and battery technology. For more information visit www.eutectix.com.